Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mojo Monday Contest #143... PS. Vent Alert!!

Well, well, well... Where do I start?

Perhaps at 4.15 this morning when the smoke detector wakes us up? Yes, ya heard me! Had the pleasure(?) of waking up to a house filled with smoke, though no fire...
After 10 mins of searching every socket, nook and cranny of the house we discovered it was coming from the back of the freezer(!) It had decided after it's short time in our kitchen, it could go on no longer and had set itself on fire!

So 10 minutes, 2 fire engines, 16 firemen and a pair of fireproof gloves(Yes, that's all it took to put it out in the end!) later, after being VERY thankful to whoever was looking out for us (and the fully functioning smoke detectors), I was left to wondering what I was supposed to do with my stinky house full of acrid smoke, and a fridge and two freezers full of food!?

...rant over...

And now for a card...



It's been a while since i've entered a blog challenge, and i was desperately in need of distraction today so I sat down and had a play with my newly received Stampin' Up! stash. Loving these exclusive papers, such lovely colours and patterns that perfectly coordinate with the new cardstock and inks!



Recipe:
Cardstock: SU's Rich Razzleberry #119981
Ink: SU's Rich Razzleberry #115658
Papers: SU's Cottage Wall Designer Series paper #115671
Ribbon: SU's Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain #115613
Punches: SU's Two Step Bird Punch # 117191, 1-3/4" Circle #117405

2 comments:

  1. 16 firemen!! Not fair, I only got to spend time with 2 today,and one of them was my brother! Sorry to hear about your predicament chick, hope the smell goes soon. The card is luscious! Can't wait to see you! C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a day, thank god for smoke detectors. On to the card, lovely, I just love this paper set although at first wasn't sure about it. Love the bird punch, on my wish list.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete